Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
Just give me some feedback on this image. Anything helpfull such as tips or ideas would be great too. Thanks.

StarGlider-UR.jpg

Which way is up dude?? If aerodynamics are concerened then it's gonna crash...but as an abstract art it is really cool!! It can be edited in Photoshop and has a great potential for use as a web resource. Try to enhance it by using more textures.

This is a model that I created as a prop for a UT2004 level. The thruster at the bottom is ignited in the game and deals damage when you walk under it. I am trying to get some feedback on the ship and if any of you know what other types of props would be in the same room as a ship please feel free to elaborate. This is my first model and level so any help would be greatly appriciated. I am thinking of building some servers and computer diagnostic hardware for this room but that is about all I have thought of.

When I was building it I was thinking of putting a glass dome over the cockpit to cap the extrusion for aerodynamic purposes but I think glass is a in-game texture so I left it off the model. I was also thinking that maybe this ships purpose isn't atmospheric flight but purely for moving through space. If that was the case, there would be no need for aerodynamics. What other types of textures do you think I should use on this?

Wonderful Pic.
Thumbs-Up
Copyright It And Send It To NASA(I Am Serious)
They Will Think Of Some Way To Make It.

Thanks crazybeans for giving my awry thoughts some directions. Keeping in mind the purpose for designing it, its a good work now. But you need to have aerodynamics even for hovering. Microsofts's Freelancer is the game which will give you ideas for awesome shapes. As for textures, I will give you in a day or two from my collection. I've just got an IDEA. Lets make it a white ship. Isn't it great?? Anyway, till then use some textures like the ones in Half-Life. That glass idea would really have been awesome, but its bad that they can't be used.

URGlass01.jpg

Ok, here is the updated version fully loaded with aerodynamics and a flashy new logo. The textures havn't been modified yet but I will certainly add some more detail to them later when I have more time. Post some pics of the textures you think would work well and I'll give them some consideration. Thanks for all your comments too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom