A small proposition for a particular graphics designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
Hey folks,
I have a job that may interest someone here. The job is small but will yield experience and you can name your price (within reason, of course). Just briefly, I building a LAN gaming center from scratch in my area. Right now, my partner and I are working on figures, location, etc etc. However, the other night, we came up with a name and set it in stone (purchased EID/S&U Tax ID/Domain/Webspace, etc). So, next on the list is the Graphical Art or "Logo" if you will. The details of the job are below, hopefully I can attract someone's attention. I freelance a little bit with this kind of thing. But, to be honest, I'm the type of person that notices every single detail about my own work.....whether it be network design, art, a computer build, etc. So, I didn't want to design the logo myself because I KNOW that I would notice something so insignificant about it that I didn't like (only because it was my own work).

So, to anyone interested, here are the details:

Custom Art Inquiry Details for CTG:

Company Name: Chaos Theory Gaming

Name on Logo: Chaos Theory Gaming (or) simply CTG

Purpose of Logo: Logo will be applied to a website within it's original design parameters. This means, no alterations will be made to the design. The design may perhaps be altered in size however.

About the Actual "Chaos Theory": The actual definition of the Chaos Theory may help for the design. "Chaos Theory" describes the actions non-linear systems or designs take when given a state of chaos. Reference 1 and Reference 2

About Us: Our purpose is simple. Within a Gaming Center, we'd like to provide electronic entertainment to various all age and skill levels. Our focus is on PC gaming, however we will have console based games as well.

Draft Logo Ideas: I was either going to go with:
1) a small design in the background and "CTG" within the design. Then "Chaos Theory" or "Chaos Theory Gaming" to the right of the design. (or)
2) Everything incorporated all in one.

Intentions for the Logo Design: Two main points were the Website and Storefront. The storefront design has a 95% chance of being in Neon (this is important) Alternate locations of this design will be on t-shirts (way in the future) and within the store itself (on the walls, etc).

Formats for Design: The logo design may be in any format: Tiff, Bmp, Jpg, whatever your preference. However the image must be transferable to different formats given any Adobe Product.

Colors of Design: I will leave this entirely up to the designer. No Pink.

Payment and Rights information: The Price for the work involved is totally negotiable. We can work out a price given the intensity of the work, numberof images involved, etc. If designer wishes to write a simple contract for the work involved, thats ok too. However, when payment has been made by myself for the image in full, the designer will be giving up all rights and ownership of the design and all drafts.

Contact Info: Serious Inquiries only please. You may contact me via:
email at mikesgroovin@gmail.com
msn at mikesgroovin@gmail.com
aim at "DiscGolfFreak420"

I may or may not follow this thread as much as I'd like to. So, following up via the above methods would prove best.

Chaos Theory is an actual theory, not a business or venture that I'm ripping off. Therefore, it's sort of like me calling it "HaileyÂ’s Comet Gaming". It was named by a scientist and the actual rights of the name can be used in ANY context whatsoever......songs, companies, etc. It's not a "rip off" of anyone or anything. The idea of where it actually came from and the idea just fit.

By the way, SCCT? You're arenÂ’t actually referring to Splinter Cell as a "rip off" point are you? To be honest, I've never played the game. But yea, Ubisoft also got the name from the actual Theory.

Another example of the impossible......Imagine the creator of the song "Happy Birthday" being paid rights Every time it was actually played. (Not the Beatles version)

Sorry, I just noticed that someone replied on the 19th of May. My apologies. Juice, I can only assume that you were the one that emailed me. Nubius hopped on the job actually on the day I threw it up there. The website is almost finished and I will be happy to share the outcome once I'm through with all of the DB and input legwork. The designs that you forwarded me are great though. Very nice work! Rest assure that I won't use them in any way, shape or form, without your permission. Again, I really do appreciate the sample and I will consider your work in the future as the progress of the center develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom