Sig Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie184

Solid State Member
Hey ... I'm new to the making of sigs ... so I need some input and advice. Does it look odd? What could make it better? I'm good with Photoshop, but I unfortunately lack the knowledge of what kind of pics to put in it and where to get them. Any input and/or advice is appreciated.

The green stroke around that white thing on the left is a bit sketchy. If it was a slightly more gradual fade, it may work. Try a simple glow.

I'm just nitpicking, but hey, if it can look better, then why not!

IHateNazis said:
elbatrop y r u saying his looks okay when it looks better than urs

doesnt make sinse 2 me.
Because Elbatrop clearly isn't comparing Techie's sig to his own but to what is on display over the net. Aside from the contests, this place isn't about competition but to help each other. Obviously you can't understand that simple concept, especially after viewing your other ridiculous posts.

It looks aight... but as you suggested we must critique your work. The idea is nice, your first mistake was creating the image at a low resolution. It is almost always helpful to create your sig at a resolution 2 to 4 times greater than your intended image size. This will decrease artifacting and any other smoothing problems you may potentially experience. Also, your sig has only a few colors, Photoshop has so many tools that let you add color. You should set an overlay above your 010100010110101 layer to add some color and more eye candy in your sig. Try that and reload your sig, I'll suggest more after that.

crazybeans said:
It looks aight... but as you suggested we must critique your work. The idea is nice, your first mistake was creating the image at a low resolution. It is almost always helpful to create your sig at a resolution 2 to 4 times greater than your intended image size. This will decrease artifacting and any other smoothing problems you may potentially experience. Also, your sig has only a few colors, Photoshop has so many tools that let you add color. You should set an overlay above your 010100010110101 layer to add some color and more eye candy in your sig. Try that and reload your sig, I'll suggest more after that.

Dunno, Not many people make their sigs by starting with an image size 2-4x larger than their intended size.. If you're using a render, its not such a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom