Sig Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hey, are you guys with the fancy sig graphics with your specs using Photoshop? If so, where did you guys learn to use? I've tried before but it's all much too confusing for me, even with a "beginner's tutorial." Maybe I should take a Photoshop class at my local community college?

Most of us use PhotoShop, yes.

Just follow tutorials; thats all we did. Mess around in the program. Start with basic tutorials for sigs and such.

Messing around is always nice, but sometimes it's hard to figure out how to mess around. I've heard good things about 2 hour beginner classes at colleges (took a 5 hour one on Dreamweaver, and it would have been helpful if I didn't already know everything they told me).

Yea, if you know nothing about the software then you might want a class to get you going on the basics. There are a ton of tutorials on the web. Really though, just messing around with the software will teach you a lot. There's a lot of good graphics guys on these forums so ask around here too.

For me I just experimented, and had some help from the other Photoshop guys on the forum for a few things. Next year i am taking a graphical design course though because i love doing it so much.

I've heard lynda has some great tutorials. I have a bunch but never looked at them, haha.

Really, photoshop is an experiment. There's so much you can do, and so much to play with. There are also plenty of tutorials online, like has been mentioned.

I learned through, well, pressure, lol. It was expected knowledge for my degree but they didnt intend to teach us, so we had to learn it ourselves. Just get an idea of what you want, then go out and look up how you can achieve those effects.

haha as u were saying Photoshop requires classes to use even the most basic functions.. lol well it used to not sure if newer versions are more user friendly but I personaly dont like it for that reason and it costs 300 dollers US.. I use "Real draw pro" to design and edit my photo's there is also a program called "Banner Maker Pro" which is also quite simple and user friendly.

But the ppl that have worked with Photoshop and know how to use it swear by it.

That's because PhotoShop is much more than just a "signature banner" maker. Why do you think professionals use mainly PhotoShop for their work? It's a VERY powerful program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom