Scale bunch of photos at once. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
I want to scale bunch of photos (from Digital camera) at once. Is it possible?

I went to one trip lately, and took few hundreds photos, while I was there, by my camera. I don't really feel like scaring them to smaller size one by one.

I need to scale them to a smaller size to send them by e-mail to my friends and such.

Anyone know some kind of software that can do this? I checked with Gimp and didn't see any function that can accomplish this. Looked in Fireworks too, but didn't find anything as well.

There is definitely software for that... someone at work does it all the time. I'll have to ask him what he uses.

On Fireworks you could load them all into one picture, resize them together, then select them all and "Distribute to Frames".
The go File > Export > Frame to Files
That way all the individual frame swill save as seperate files. Downside is if you have already renamed them, the names will be lost

Cool. Thanks. I will try both of those solutions.

I tried to using some other free software for this last night. But it didn't compress files to right size. It should have been around 300-400k, but it would save each photo at around 1M.

I don't know if you have Photoshop, or access to it, but you can use the Image Processor to batch process files. Go: File > Scripts > Image Processor

Hello,

I use FastStone Image Viewer. It's a free, powerful and fast image browser, converter and editor. You can batch convert and edit photos (with options such as resizing, cropping, color adjustment etc.).

its not exactly what your looking for. but why not zip them and send them?

You can use the software winzar, it isn't free. But it is great I use it. If I have more ideas I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom