RSV2 clan website made about a year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
This is a clan website I made for a friend to use about a year ago. I made it using dreamweaver and fireworks 8. Not perfect but it was my first attempt at a page that used images the way that one did.

I used IE to test the web page when I made it so it is best viewed in IE.

Link: http://duotrio.org/RSV2/

Tell me what you think, if there's somthing you don't like feel free to tell me what to do better next time :) (there is a lot of stuff I would like to change but sadly I'm not too good with fireworks and have not had much experience PS)

I would have had liked to have made it in PHP (just the simple PHP get script so I dont have to change as much) I think I started making on a school computer so I couldn't test .php files so I just made everything .html... Also I was using my old celeron 1.7GHz when I made this so I probably cut a lot of corners because dreamweaver and fireworks were EXTREMELY slow on that thing.

EDIT: the forums link on the page does not work, it is supposed to be a link to a SMF fourm or something (whatever the user wants to use) and I was not going to code an entire fourm in .php.

Eh..well..

Honestly, it's just two bars with a couple of cheaply made buttons and a really weird banner. The coding has a lot of errors and is not standards-compliant. Sorry if that's harsh, but... you asked.

To do better next time, check out these sites:
Good-Tutorials - Newest Tutorials
Free Clan Gaming Templates - ClanTemplates.com
XHTML Tutorial
CSS Tutorial
CSS Gallery Web Design Gallery For Inspiration Web Design

These sites should help you get design ideas/concepts, as well as some coding help.

I think it is fine, but it is kinda blank, it only has a banner at the top, which could looks a bit better, also there is not really anything to look at... Clan sites are really personal to the clan, this one is just a bit raw... Just my opinion though.

I could have coded it better, I used dream weaver and programs like that write poor code... Can't remember If I used CSS in the site but if I did it was dreamweavers code...

Yeah the clan website was supposed to be a blank website so people could fill stuff in.

The buttons were made really bad... I think I just made bar put text on them and then used hotspots over them for links =\

I've made better websites then that (With much better code) but I think I lost them... What I guess what I need is some tutorials in fireworks 8 to make some nice images for the site. I took a coarse on dreamweaver and fireworks 8 at school but it was very basic stuff most of which I already knew.

I'm probably going to install the trail to PS CS4 around Wednesday, I'd do it today but I won't have a video card (capable of doing more then 800x600 :rolleyes:) Monday and Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and I don't want to waste the days of the trial... Maybe then I can make some nice looking images for a new website.

Lol you use DreamWeaver.

I remember we used that back in middle school.

To create a Website for computer class.....

EASY STUFF...

Honestly, if you're doing a clan site AND you want members to contribute their own content you are better off with a content management script like PHP Nuke, Joomla, MK Portal, or something like that. They are easy enough to install and configure. You just need to make sure you have the required software installed on your host. As far as design goes, you could rig a quick banner and use a "boxed" skin.

Honestly, if you're doing a clan site AND you want members to contribute their own content you are better off with a content management script like PHP Nuke, Joomla, MK Portal, or something like that. They are easy enough to install and configure. You just need to make sure you have the required software installed on your host. As far as design goes, you could rig a quick banner and use a "boxed" skin.

Ew.

PHPNuke is so terribad. And Joomla is just utter ****.

If you're going with CMS, I'd recommend Webspell over anything else. It's simple, and has a lot of clan tools. Otherwise, E107 is good too.

Ew.

PHPNuke is so terribad. And Joomla is just utter ****.

If you're going with CMS, I'd recommend Webspell over anything else. It's simple, and has a lot of clan tools. Otherwise, E107 is good too.
LOL @ terribad!

Anyway...It doesn't matter what script, but a CMS is definitely the best idea in that case.

Lol you use DreamWeaver.

I remember we used that back in middle school.

To create a Website for computer class.....

EASY STUFF...

... ?

Guarantee you weren't using Dreamweaver to even 10% of it's capabilities in middle school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom