Request, banner, I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronic5

Solid State Member
So, all you great image masters out there, I am calling upon my help. I need a banner for my site. I would like one with no background (transparent) and in the format of .gif. I would like the words "Raut" (with only the "R' being capitalized) in lare letters, with the words "Random And Useless Thoughts..." somewhere (preferably below and slightly to the right of "Raut"). The width can be any size but the height should not be any higher than 125px.

So, anyone who can make one for me I would be greatly appreciated. I cannot pay anyone for this, but I will link back anywhere you want in my FAQ and if you have a 88x31 button, I will put it on all of my pages.

well i made one for you but im not sure if the degs look ok as a gif

Attachments

• raut.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 51
not bad Death Row...but the black text is too much with the B/w background....try using blending options and use an outer glow around the text with a little embevel and emboss

okay man....i whiped up somthing really quick...hope u like it

Attachments

• raut.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 46
Uhhh, the background isn't completly transparent. I put it against a black background, doesn't work.

was there white bit around the edges of the text?

that's what happens with gifs if H4x3r changed th format to a png-24 it would work fine

and btw you just wanted text? you could have meade it clearer i thought u just didn't want a square background

Anytime you use a GIF with transparency turned on, there will ALWAYS be a white border around your image. A PNG is the way to go, but unfortunately, there are a few browsers out there that don't support the PNG format.
*coughinternetexplorercough*
Ahem, I must be coming down with something... :rolleyes:

But yes, a PNG will solve the transparency problem.

No my previous banner once had a transparent background, but with the colors the quality was too low, so I had my friend change it to a .jpg woth the same background color. Also, totse.com has a banner with a transparent background and doesn't have white around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom