Remote SQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Hey!

I have a host that supplies me with one SQL database. I need another and don't want to have to upgrade my current hosting package and pay out more money.

What I want to do is to connect to a remote SQL database. I've had the idea of aquiring a free Lycos Tripod package (in which includes an SQL database), and then connecting to the database via my current server.

Is this possible? And if so, what are the commands in which to connect to it?

Please reply or e-mail me (perferred) at trance4eva@blueyonder.co.uk
Thanks,
TMT.

TMT said:
Hey!

I have a host that supplies me with one SQL database. I need another and don't want to have to upgrade my current hosting package and pay out more money.

What I want to do is to connect to a remote SQL database. I've had the idea of aquiring a free Lycos Tripod package (in which includes an SQL database), and then connecting to the database via my current server.

Is this possible? And if so, what are the commands in which to connect to it?

Please reply or e-mail me (perferred) at trance4eva@blueyonder.co.uk
Thanks,
TMT.

Sorry TMT but connecting remotely to SQL is not very likely. It sounds like you would be receiving a MySQL database and almost all hosts and be default remote access is disabled due to security concerns.

If you really can't afford MySQL on your current host the only option would be to host it yourself (if it is not mission critical) or move to an affordable host that hopefully still serves you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom