question about websites and search engines

IE9 requires an EOT font type.

OK, thanks! I suppose same goes for other browsers? (Firefox or Google Chrome or the Apple Browser, I tihnk it's called safari?)
Would I still need this if I manage to upload the font into my CSS file (once I have created one, but before I do that I have to o some homework, probably next weekend I will have time to dig into it)?

If you look at the CSS code Peter posted, you'll see there eae two bits in the font-face section. One for TTF (for most browsers) and another for EOT (for IE9).

Wait! You can use any font you want in a website (as long as the licence allows you of course) using CSS.

Take a look here: Create Your Own @font-face Kits | Font Squirrel

Upload your font there, and you download a zipped package with your font not only converted to all the other font types (for browser compatibility) but you also get the CSS to go with it in which you just copy and paste it, put all converted file types inside your website directory, change the file paths to suit your site and your away!

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Labtec.

Hey, I have one more question about this:

If I do it the way you described above, will that mean that all the content on my website will be using that particular font?

My intention is to only use this font for some part (mostly for the title on the page).
Would this work?

Good news: I managed to upload the fonts and installed a CSS file.

Have a look: Lars Bauer - Guitarist

let me know if anything is odd. I tried it on FF and IE, and there it seems to work fine, not sure about other browsers, though.

Thanks again everybody for your help, much appreciated!

Lars

Back
Top Bottom