position animations in photoshop cs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jil

Solid State Member
hey fellows,
got a question about adobe photoshop/imageready...
i want to do an animated image but im quite a newb in this stuff (animation).
well thats my question:
how can you make an object "move" along a certain shape?
like if you have a circle, for instance, and now you want any layer, e.g. with a little star on it to "move" around the circle? how do you do this?
i know how to do position-animations, but if i just have two frames just with positionwise animation then the respective layer just moves straight ahead from pos1 to pos2..
so how can you bring a certain "motion way" in this anim? :)

thx in advance and greetz,
chilly jil =)

hi again,
i made a little example image and i hope it will make it easier to understand what i want:
motioanim.gif

I want to do the same like on that picture just with the difference that this "star" shouldn't just move straight ahead on the line but move along any shape like a circle.
Is this possible and if yes - how??
greetz,
Jil

does nobody know how it is possible to realise that? or at least IF it is possible to do that? :confused:

Honestly if you want to do smooth animation like that you are going to have to use flash. That sort of animation is more suited to flash because of the fact that it is what flash is for. Photoshop is better as a design tool, to make cool designs to use in your flash creations. Also, if you can learn flash, it is 1000 times easier to create something like that.

You would have to go through a few hundred frames of animation to make it look so smooth, although I am sure you can find tutorials on how to do that. I will get one and post it up.

i didn't answer because i was sure it couldn't be done. Hackermanis rght flash can make an image follow a path, it can do what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom