pictures lose quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

arod_44_00

Beta member
my aunt was asking me why her pictures look better if she prints them straight from the camera than if she downloads them to her computer and then prints them from there. i told her i don't have a clue but i know some people who do. that is you... any ideas here?

its a fugi 5 megapixel camera and she is only printing 3x4's and she takes the pictures at the highest resolution.

thanks guys

When she goes to Print... from the File menu, click the properties button next to the printer in the drop down menu. From there, select "best" quality and the appropriate paper.

I agree, you must be certain the printer is set to highest print quality and if there is a dpi setting (for example 2200x1230, or so) use that because your images will look alot better. Also, some programs print better than others in the case that some like to resize your image before printing which can lose image quality while others preserve picture quality. Also, remember that if the program tells you that clipping will accure, ignore it and print anyways so it is not resized. There can be alot of different variables that could cause bad prints, just try messing with your printer settings and maybe you'll get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom