PhotoShop CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinator9

Baseband Member
Not sure if this in the right place but...
I can't make a circle that I would like. I would like a circle with a thick border (20pixels) and a transparent inside. So far I have made a transparent circle, but cant edit it in any way; a circle with a 20 pixel border but it is filled in white and if i try and delete the white the border will snap to the outer most edge of the white (It sorta turns into a crescent moon). Could someone please help me?

Try this:

Make the circle how you want, with the border as thick as you want. The entire circle will be filled, and it should be.

Next, grab your Elliptical Marquee Tool. Make a circle on the inside of the other circle. Once this is done, just hit your Delete key.

Hope this helps.

Make a transparent circle from ellipse and use the box style.
next, go to blending style and click on out glow
set blend mode: screen
opacity to 100%
noise 0%
color solid not fade
technique precise
spread 100%
size 20px

Or you can just do this:

On a new layer, grab your elliptical marquee. Make your circle. Now, put your foreground color to the color that you want. After you've done that, go to Edit > Stroke... > and set it to outside. Set the size to whatever you want, and set the color to whatever you want if its different than your FG color. click ok.

That's how I do all of my borders/outlines =). Takes me just a few seconds now that I'm used to doing it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom