Photographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy767

Banned
Hello,

Cant figure this out....

Have suscribed to a chat website and have put up my pics on the profile page...

The pics are taken from a 3.2 megapixel camera and vary from 1.9 MB to 659 KB in size.

So they are realatively high quality.

However on posting my pics on the website the pics look so grainy and not clear at all....

Whereas other people seem to have quite clear pics and am sure everyone cant be using 8 megapixel cameras..

Is there a specific format i should convert my pics to to maintain their clarity or.... ????

Please help....

Thanks

Hi tajahem,

Actually cannot post a link cos my entire profile is there with a couple of pics.....

So what shall i do now ?

Check the file sizes of the pictures you have posted with their actual sizes on your computer. If they are different go to the upload screen and make sure that there aren't any options selected by default that reduce the size of the images.

Also make sure that when you are looking at these images that you are at their actual resolution and that they are not being resized to fit your browser.

jpeg and gif formats are lossy so if the site supports it switch to a format that is lossless like tiff or png.

You may have the compression very high. Also look at your ISO settings, the higher the more "noise" you get on the image.

You might want to host the pictures using Photobucket, since they have a much higher storage rate than most websites.

Thanks all,

Shall try saving them as tiffs or pngs tajahem

Then ill upload them and see if there is any difference...

Whats ISO setting turtile ?

talldude123....is photobucket jsut a photo storage website or..... ?

Me again,

K checked on the site and they only support pics upto 500kb...

So how and with what do i reduce my pics to this size without losing the clarity ?

Using paintshop pro to reduce the pic size but its still horrible..

HELP

Do you have photoshop? Theres a feature called image optimization, which saves images with lower file size, and yet same quality. If you don't have photoshop, try looking for some freeware image resizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom