Photo pop up page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
My website is below, if you click on the Photos tab on the left, I have the photos in Flikr and it's set to pop up in a new window. What I would really like is something a little more professional - still a new window but one w/ 1"x1" thumbnail pics that you can click on and they'll get bigger so viewing is easy on the eyes. I'm sure this is web design 101, but how in the heck do I do this? Actually, even better, a page that pops up w/ headings such as tree removal, landscape design, patios, etc. Thanks in advance!

Four Brothers Tree & Landscaping

You should be able to make something decent with Javascript and HTML.

For really advanced and professional, maybe some Flash...but that's starting to get complicated.

If you want professional and relatively easy, I recommend you Google and download a Javascript photo gallery. There are tons of them. A nice one that I've dabbed with before is E2 Photo Gallery. It's easy to use and looks nice.

Download (E)2 Photo Gallery | e2interactive

There are also a huge amount of tutorials to make your own simple Javascript photo gallery.

So there's no way for me to have a new page pop-up on my website (designed & built by me, hosted by GoDaddy) that has my logo & info in the top, then buttons for Tree & Stump Removal, Landscape Design & Architecture, Landscape maintenance, etc. then when you click on say Tree & Stump Removal it takes you to a new page w/ all the thumbnail pics of us removing trees? I just don't think flickr, photobucket, & webshots are professional and not to toot my own horn, but for a dumb arborist, I think I did pretty well on my website :) Right now the most "unprofessional" part is the photos being hosted by flickr.

Sure you can, I just told you how. ;)

Google Javascript photo gallery. You can download the Javascript code and modify it to your needs and then host it.

The one I linked to above is pretty easy to use. You have to edit one file to change two variables, but that's it. It comes with documentation.

You can't expect to build a website well without some programming knowledge however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom