Optomize webpage for all resolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segamaster222

Baseband Member
I'm using dreamweaver cs3 and the website looks great on my computer that has a 26 inch monitor but when i go to my laptop the site looks kinda weird and you have to scroll to see anything, what can i do?

Use % instead of fixed points. Like use 5% from the left margin instead of saying 10 pixels from the left margin. This way it will adjust according to the resolution in use and not be fixed to what your working with.

The only sure fire method is to design for the lower resolutions. Install Google Analytics on your site and after a couple weeks look at the resolutions your users are using. I'm amazed at the results I see on my analytics because by far the most used resolution is 1024x768.

Use % instead of fixed points. Like use 5% from the left margin instead of saying 10 pixels from the left margin. This way it will adjust according to the resolution in use and not be fixed to what your working with.

You'll probably get undesired effects doing it that. 5% of 1900x1200 is a lot different than 5% of 1024x768. Pixels ensures that it is always the same.

For all the websites that I have put together in recent years, I worked on the basis that people will be using at 1024x768 display. It suit the magority of the computer users out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom