News and extras site

Status
Not open for further replies.

contry

In Runtime
Long story made short, next semester Im going to college...(To study graphic design) here in the city I live in Mexico they just offer graphic design in private schools but they are expensive and I really cant pay for them, my girlfriend's dad
said he was going to get me a scholarship to get in one of those schools next semester.

This past weekend he told me if I could make websites because they need a site for a magazine they publish every 2 weeks, He said I was going to get paid but I really dont want to I just want to return the favor and try my best to do a good site

Im familiar with photoshop the layout is not going to be a problem, the site is going to have some local news, a politics section, stories etc... a littlebit of everything, where do you guys think I should start? the thing is they need it in about a month... they said it was ok if I couldnt do it but I really want to try, I got a test layout I made yesterday, I sliced it and saved it for the web where should I go from here? I got PS CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 (have not used dreamweaver) Thanks in advance!

No they have never done anything like this, they just print their magazine every two weeks, they just said that that was not a problem that they were going to look for a place to host it, Im confused with the news part, because it needs to be changing everyday or so and I need a way to manage that, like they will give me the news at night and I modify the site so the next day it has the latest news, I want a search by day type of thing, like if people are looking for the news from last week that they can search by day, some kind of database that keeps all the old things saved... what would be the best way to do this? Im just reading some html right now, I have to start somewhere.

By the way here is another news site that I was told to use as reference, they liked the simple interface, it is in spanish though.

El Vigía.net : Periodismo con la gente

I would reccomend you take a looks at CMS's (if you've never heard of these don't worry, theres plenty of doc for them).

The bonus of content management systems is everything is GUI, no html programming required. Plus there all geared towards this sort of thing with add ons like rating systems etc.

Most popular would be Joomla , Joomla!

Take a look

~ Tkey

Thanks a lot Tkey, I was looking for something like this.
I've never heard of CMS but I'll start reading

Thanks Again

Let us know how it goes, and what else you need ;)

Good Luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom