New design for my friends website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
My friend just redesigned his entire site and would like to see what you thought about it. The text might be a little hard to read because of the background so that is 1 con of the site. Thanks let me know what you think. Site

The text is hard to read, as you have said. Your friend can drop the opacity of the images to make it easier to read the text. Also, when I view the page, the images are fragmented and don't align properly. Some extra care should be put in to forcing images to be properly aligned. S/he can do that with tables and CSS (I didn't review the source code).

Yeah it is set in a table and the text size was set so that wouldn't happen. What would be causing that problem because every page was checked before hand.

Looks like the large font sizes (I saw 53pt in there at some point). Strings like "JaniceCustoms.com!" are stretching things out, since they can't be broken over multiple lines. When you have any instance of multiple words without spaces to them (like "word1/word") be sure to put spaces in ("word1 / word2"), since that helps prevent this.

A slightly better approach is to set a base font size for the document using CSS, and adjust relative sizes elsewhere. You may, for example, set the base font size to 12pt, then scale around by setting font sizes to 200%, 75%, etc... with CSS.

C.Ingram said:
"JaniceCustoms.com!"

What website is that? Never heard of it and I'm sure my friend wouldn't like to be referred as Janice since his name is Jance! That line of text appears to be fine on my screen, in all size text formatting. Maybe you have a "HUGE" or "Really big" font you can choose from everything seems fine on my screen at 1024x768.

its nice on my computer. I am on firefox though so none of the effects show. try making onmouseover not css. the onmouseover show on firefox but the css does not. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom