Needs More Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
I am working on a site right now and would value your oppinion. Please post any feedback, be it positive or negative.

DEFINITELY more pictures, and the high-tech look along with the 'classic caprice' theme...might be a bit too much. You could try something a little more classic or conservative for your look. But otherwise it is visually attractive:)

I was thinking of making the silver bars a goldish like the chev logo, think that would work?

i have many suggestions, but i can see you don't have a lot of experience with design so i will list the most obvious to not confuse you. aside from that you need to learn some basic photoshop techniques:

the background should never be a grid-like repeating pattern. the hard outlines on around your design does not work. the bevels for the top part that looks like it is for navigation are too plain looking.

what really distracts from your design is there is too much empty space between your 'tables'. emtpy spce is good if used right, i can't explain why, it just does not work in this case.

the header and thumbnails look okay. oh hey.... i think i can explain it a bit now: you are trying to mix 3Dish with 2D design, this almost never works well. example your thumbnails are 2D but you have bevels all over the place. also it is that your bevels are plain. hope this wasn't too confusing and helped you a bit.

ekÆsine

Thank you very much for your input. I did ask for negative input so im glad you provided some. The isue I am having now is with the main text. Any ideas?

~ Adam

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 57
*bump* comon ekÆsine bash it some more, its how i learn stuff...

well i wasn't trying to bash you, sorry i didn't see this earlier, give me a bit of time and i will give you an example. examples may be easier than trying to explain it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom