Need some clear advice about web designing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Well I have just taken up a side job to be a technical person for a non profit organization.
The person in charge of nami of augusta needs me to design a simple yet appealing site for some people that have trouble seeing and hearing the webste and downloading content.
I have done personal sites and a few low class business websites for certain churches and organizations in georgia.

I use to have a site called MadMikeXP.info, I took it down last year in november because I really didn't need it back then.

I personally like to work with dreameaver 8 or cs3, partly is whenever I am putting stuff and content on my page I can see the coding in real time and make any corrections that dreamweaver or I did by mistake.
I have atleast 60-70% understanding of html so I know if something is wrong I can view the code and make any corrections I need to.

At 12:30pm I am suppose to get the manual and preview sketch of the site they want.
Should I use dreamweaver ? it's never gave me any major problems except for the occasional crash every once and awhile.

This is who I am working for until I get rehired by my last employer.
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

I don't really understand what you are asking for. Use whatever method you have the most success and are most comfortable with.

Personally, I don't like DreamWeaver and prefer to code things myself.

Yea, it's really what you feel most comfortable with. If you aren't completely familiar with coding and code standards then DW might be the way to go. Just keep in mind that DW and any WYSIWYG will bloat your code and sometimes requires you to modify it anyway.

The most important thing in this site will be your accessibility issues. You are not going to want to use any plug-ins or use a lot, if any, scripts. Also, use a clean layout with larger fonts and minimal graphics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, it sounds to me that they wanted to have a preview sketch of the website. So my question to you is, are you designing the website or just coding it? Because if you are just coding it then it all has to do with your knowledge of coding. If you can open up a notepad and make a very well coded website like CrazeD up there then go for it. But if you are looking for a more visual approach to coding then go with DW.

If you are in charge of designing the website as well, then you shouldn't even be thinking about coding yet if the company just wants to see the preview. Draw out a rough sketch on a piece of paper and go to PS and make the design of the website. Most companies enjoy seeing the "rough draft" if you will, before the website is operational.

Actually carlsle I finished doing the website mock up dw cs3 on may 27th of last week.
She looked at it online and liked alot, I'll be their webmaster starting today and I'll begin building the site tomorrow evening when I don't have racket from my mother or cockerspaniel during the day.

Nami.org is strictly using microsites program online, I called them up about that they said I could design any other pages for the local nami site in augusta but they want the main page to use a prebuilt one that they have and go from there....

I actually have a small problem with what programs that they picked but I can't do a **** about it but just use 'partialy of it when designing the site.

This link here goes to a beta of the mockup site that a did from a unused local nami site in at alanta.
I'm not looking for any comments on this or looking for argument about the mockup site, so please don't comment on it.

NAMI of Augusta new site v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom