need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ +1 to that. AJAX is amazing. If you find some good scripts you don't even have to know a ton about JS.

Another thing you must learn is CSS. It makes designing and maintaining a site very simple. From what I'm seeing it looks like you just made a few graphics and set them in tables. That is fine for small sites (like just a few pages max) but once you get into some heavy content sites you are going to want to just create one style sheet to be used across all pages. CSS is also preferred nowadays over tables and everything in your site can be layed out using CSS.

You're great with graphics so keep up the good work there. Just keep in mind that graphics take a lot longer to load than text. Also, when you want search engine ranking text is what is spidered, so if your content is mostly graphics you will not have as much to be searched on (even with alt tags).

Overall it looks good for just starting out. Just read up on CSS, AJAX, and SEO (if that's important to you)

thanks synergy.
i will have to look up on AJax as i havnt heard of it until this thread.

It stand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. Basically it lets the browser send instructions to the server and the server to return instructions without the browser having to refresh. A good example is when you make a quick reply on these forums and it loads in the thread view without the browser page actually refreshing. It's really everywhere nowadays and it's a huge part of Web 2.0 sites.

Looking a LOT better. Some formatting with the text and photos and such would be good, but it's a lot less cluttered.

Looking a LOT better. Some formatting with the text and photos and such would be good, but it's a lot less cluttered.

ya, i was having positioning problems with the thumbnails vs the text, it got frustrating so i gave up and gave it what looked the best i could do. (that sure didnt make sense after i reread that lol)

edit: fixed the specs page, looks much better.
edit: worked on fixing the overclocking page, still needs a lil work.

You should probably make the icons transparent in the specs section, would probably look better. If not, at least give the pictures a stroke of 1px.

You should probably make the icons transparent in the specs section, would probably look better. If not, at least give the pictures a stroke of 1px.

when i made the images, my background was white, lol now im lazy and dont feel like taking the time to make them stransparent. but it will get done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom