Need opinion from the pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
My new website I have created for my group/clan.

This is still in construction mode while I have it up. There is a lot to add, I know. Constructive criticism please.

Free Fallers

I am in no way a pro.

I do not like the graphics behind the text on the FAQ as it makes the text difficult to read.

It would be nice to have cleaner looking link buttons of the left. Perhaps more of an oval look with out the green background.

Needs to be wider. Link images are pretty dismal in my opinion, they need to be cleaner, and go with the overall theme. Use a non standard font for the text, align it better. Updates scroll needs to be aligned better, with a larger box and smaller text.

My advice would be just to use Joomla.

The best thing you could do to spruce up the design is to have just that, a design. Instead of images scattered around, get a consistent theme. Check out clan template award templates game at clan-templates.com ... they have a lot of sweet gaming templates for free.

Also, having all the pages link to your own content would be a huge plus, instead of linking to other websites.

I am using dream weaver. What would be a good program to make buttons/links in? I do have Adobe Master Collection. I will remove the image from behind the FAQ I didn't think it was a good idea either.

I really want to build this on my own without a template. It would really make the web page feel like mine. It is kind of random and needs tons of work. It is by no means finished or even close. I hope with your tips and help in coding and ideas I can make this shine without using someone else's design.

P.S. Craze D your link doesn't work correctly I don't think.

Here is a screen shot of the changes I have made so far. What do ya think?

Newwebpage.jpg

Sorry, link fixed.

Your update looks better. Though you still need some more graphics to seperate the content area from the rest of the space, as just a square box doesn't look very good.

Just a simple gradient border or something would suffice even.

EDIT: Also, if you don't want to use another template, at least look at some to get some inspiration. I find myself browsing ClanTemplates a lot when I'm making such a site. Some good stuff in there.

I found some inspiration on that site in fact. (quick bing search pulled it right up). I am going to go with a phpbb I think. from here phpBB • About phpBB unless someone has a better just as cheap idea. Got rid of the squares around the links on the left. and made the link destinations more green, black, grey, with a hint of maroon. Might throw in some lite blue to brighten the place up. How do I add a boarder to just the top and bottom. I need a refreshers course.

Figured it out with some bing and google searching. Couldn't get it to work properly. I went into photo shop and messed around and made an image the same size as the table. this is what the homepage looks like now. I will have all the edits online tomorrow.

newwebpage2.jpg

Dude use CSS, your webpage looks like it is from 2001. Solid colors and html is pretty basic, it looks like it was made in a basic web design course. Not to be harsh, but I would look into more modern solutions. CSS makes setting a site's theme very easy and there are a ton of free CSS styles out there on the web that you can mess with.

I am really new to css. I will work on it though. I really like my links so I want to use those.

Also I am using dream weaver so if anyone can point me into the right direction of a CSS tutorial for Dream Weaver.

Are my picture titles too big? When you follow a link does the title picture look bad. I think they might be too big and un-appealing. I like them but I don't think people will be too fond of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom