Need to create a basic website

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
What I want to do is put our utility server to use by hosting radiology studies on there so the different doctors can view the images from their office or from home with VPN access. This would not be visible to the outside world, just our intranet. Something simple, just an index page listing each doctor's folder and inside each folder would be patient folders with their images and documentation inside. But I would have to have each doctor with his own folder and a username/password for the folder. The radiology group would need full access to all the fodlers so they could copy the patient data into each one.
The utility server is running 08 server and I am unfamiliar with the thing. I am guessing I could just install IIS on there and do it just like back in IIS 5 correct? I know there is a newer version, and I think it comes pre-installed on 08, but I am familiar with 5. Anyway, is this possible? Too difficult? If there is a better way, I am open to suggestions.

It would be alot easier and simplier just to create network shares and map them to their systems as network hdd's and they would just show up in my computer. is this not an option?

I'm not familiar with IIS, but with Apache you can use .htaccess and .htpasswd to make passworded directories or files, I'm sure you could do something alike with IIS.

Perhaps make use of an FTP server?

It would be alot easier and simplier just to create network shares and map them to their systems as network hdd's and they would just show up in my computer. is this not an option?

I guess, but a web browser would be better. That way they could be at any computer and view the folders. I have been reading some on IIS 7 and it seems that it is capable of adding authentication so I may give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom