My website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
Hey,

Check out my site at www.generatordesigns.tk Im not advertising to do web design or anything but just to host some of my work. Its currently under construction and so there is a lack of info on it at the moment but tell me what you think of the design etc anyway.

Thanks

The page is blank. I suppose I cannot pick anything wrong with it if i cant see it.

Edit: The page took a LONG time to load. Looks nice. :cool:

It seems to load fine on my machine within seconds and im on ADSL. Can anyone explain this?

No im in the UK aswell. Ive got it registered on freewebs and set up a free domain at www.dot.tk which basically displays the page at my freewebs sub-domain.

it doesn't have a lot of color i think u should have add some color and add some more content but apart from that i think it quite good

Well it loaded straight away from me but seriously I think the page is pretty weak. You might want to bold those gray text.

I wanted to give it a modern look but I'll experiment with some of your suggestions. I'll post when the design is final.

Thanks

i like the look, but there isnt muhc to look at. There is not enuf content and the site seemed rushed. U seemed too eager (like me, I always do that) to put your site out and show people. I did that and I got shitt reviews. I am now redesigning my flash site

(http://www.fnpsolutions.com/webtemp/website1/newdesign.htm)

which came out much better than the one i have as my site now

(http://www.fnpsolutions.com)

After making my flash site i was asked to create an HTML page as many people do not support flash yet, or as in your case, it takes long to load (this may also be because of your host), and content was sometimes not displayed well

so i made this

http://www.fnpsolutions.com/webtemp/htmlsite/index.htm

which is not yet finished but the bulk of the work is done.

I have learned a lot from my experience of creating sites. You have to be able to cater to all your customers, including those who are not on broadband. You also have to be able to have your website been seen by people who's computers cannot handle certain types of web content such as FLASH. Comapatability cannot not be an issue and neither can the looks of your site. You do not have to sacrafice fuctionality for fashion, or vice versa. You must find a quiet medium between both flash and HTML (and the plethora of other languages out there including PHP, CSS, and many others) and try to incorperate them into a site to make the site interesting, appealing, and compatable with various machines.

I decided to do 2 sites because i am not yet ready to merge the two (Flash and HTML), and I also am enjoying making both, and having the functions of each. Both have pro's and con's, but both are definitly viable mediums to use on the web.

In the end a websites success comes down to these things
-Functionality- does it serve a purpose? What is it for? Is it really needed? Do you answer the questions your are trying to answer? Does your site convey what you want it to? Does your site DO what you want it to do?

-Fashionality (I probabaly just made this word up) - How does it look? Is it appealing to the eye? Do people look at it and go "Wow" or do they go "Ehhhh"?

-Practicality - Is it practical? Does it do everything you need and want it too without going overboard? Does it take to long to load? Does it actually do anything or are you just putting it on the web to take up web space?

Ask yourself these questions and than see if your site does these. If they don't, than ask yourself how it can do these things, or can't do these things. Also ask yourself about the limitations of the program you are using, or scripting language you are using. If what you are using can't do something you are using, switch to another medium if it will affect the outcome of your site as a whole.

Remember, never limit yourself or restrict yourself. Think outside the box and never be afraid to try something new, remember, you can always change it back, ctrl - Z is only one click away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom