My New Website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
I decided to start me up another website that suited my tastes, so I made one that will mainly focus on PC games, but at the same time, look at different things such as PC hardware.

Right now it is still under production, but I posted up 2 PC game reviews, FarCry and BF Vietnam.

Check it out at:
http://chubzpc.cjb.net/

Thanks for anyone who visits it.

Opinions please!!?? :D

Personally I found this site to be quite weak. Don't mean to be mean or anything, thats just my personal opinion.

Suggested Improvements:

Change the logo - Keep the name "Chubz's PC place" but perhaps do a different design? I suggest using a colour other than blue for the logo as blue on black is not that eye catching and can be hard to read. Perhaps include a graphic in the logo?

Change the navigation - If your going to be adding more links below "games" I can see this is going to be a sign of bad navigation seeing as the news text will be pushed further and further down the page. what I suggest doing is add a column to the left hand side of the page and put all your links in that while keeping the text in the right hand column. Maybe even put a frame at the top of the page for your graphic etc.

Different font - Personally I find Times New Roman unnatractive and dull and I would suggest changing it to another font such as Arial or verdana. Don't use obscure fonts as not all browsers will be able to recognise them as not everyone has the same fonts on their computers.

Images in reviews - Why not add some images into the reviews as it would make them look alot more attractive to look at; however don't over do it. Just print screen while your playing the game, go into an imaging program and go to edit>paste. Save it after making relevant changes and upload to your website. To insert it using HTML type in, without the quotes before and after the arrows, "
" where filename is the name of your file and .gif is the extension.

Good points about your site:

Loading times are quick which is always good

Informative, although the game reviews could be improved but thats just down to reviewing technique.

Hope my comments and suggestions have been of some use,

Retro

I dont like how your website is a fixed width. Anyone with a smaller resolution that 1024 or whatever you set it on has to scroll to teh right to see everything you wrote. Not a fun thing to do.

Heres a personal one i made a few years back, but stopped running due to lack of time and content....

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/nintendoss

yeah i think it needs eyecandy too - It is lacking in the catch your eye factor! - it has potential to be good though - you have a nice style of writing as your update messages show!! (like the far cry one!!) keep going - if you would like some eye candy to wack on PM me and tell me what you would like it to look like an i will have a go at making some (its the kind of thing i ACTUALLY enjoy doing!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom