My new Fuji Finepix s5700 camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I am over with my christmas and new year shopping. Got some good deals and iam gonna share a deal and need to ask few questions based on it.

I bought this cam at a price of £65. I think it was great price as i didnt actually wished to spend more than £100 on cam. The market price is still £90 for these but i found it cheaper bcoz Fuji stopped making these and store has just last piece remaining in this model.

51B5xy18gDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I am not quite sure i understand these terms :

Lens: Fujinon 10x optical zoom lens, F3.5 - F3.7
Lens focal length : f=6.33mm - 63.3mm, Equivalent to 38-380mm on a 35mm camera

What does Optical and digital zoom means? What is ISO range? My camera has ISO range of 1600, what that actually mean?

Can anyone explain me as i need to know it please?

Optical zoom is using the lense to enlarge the image that you are taking a picture of.
Unlike Digital zoom, it retains it's quality (digital zoom just takes a portion of the picture and increases its size), so a good optical zoom is better that digital as digital zoom just increases the size of the pixels. So for digital zoom you don't get any better image than if you were to use no zoom and then increase the image size on your computer.

Make sense?

And....
ISO refers to the sensitivity to light. The higher the ISO number the more light sensitive the camera is being... which means that a higher ISO will give you less chance of movement blur.

BUT....
The higher the ISO, the more "noise"... speckles of colour... will appear in your images, and the lower quality your images will be.

So it's a bit of a double edged sword... High ISO means you can shoot handheld in lower light with a lowering of quality. Low ISO means top quality, but risk of movement blurring with the camera movement and subject movement...

Optical zoom is using the lense to enlarge the image that you are taking a picture of.
Unlike Digital zoom, it retains it's quality (digital zoom just takes a portion of the picture and increases its size), so a good optical zoom is better that digital as digital zoom just increases the size of the pixels. So for digital zoom you don't get any better image than if you were to use no zoom and then increase the image size on your computer.

Make sense?

And....
ISO refers to the sensitivity to light. The higher the ISO number the more light sensitive the camera is being... which means that a higher ISO will give you less chance of movement blur.

BUT....
The higher the ISO, the more "noise"... speckles of colour... will appear in your images, and the lower quality your images will be.

So it's a bit of a double edged sword... High ISO means you can shoot handheld in lower light with a lowering of quality. Low ISO means top quality, but risk of movement blurring with the camera movement and subject movement...

Ahhhhh Great man. It does make a lot of sense to me. Thank you for the kind explanation.

No problem, hope it helped
The thing i can't tell you is how high your ISO range of 1600 actually is, 'cos i don't know :rolleyes:
Its ok mate. I appreciate your time in explaining me about Digital and Optical concepts. On the basis of your explanation, i think i bought quite decent camera... :p

lol i'm looking to get a new digital camera, looking at the Fuji finepix S8100.

Does yours take good photos?

lol i'm looking to get a new digital camera, looking at the Fuji finepix S8100.

Does yours take good photos?

Yes very good indeed. I think Finepix are doing a great job. Ofcourse, i am cmparing the quality with the price i paid.

Your's one is probably twice what i paid for. Just to tell you, the cheapest price you can pay for ur camera is £146. Just done a bit of price comparison and its at Jessops. Link is here buddy.

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom