my 1st website (music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple, but nice and sleek concept is good - definitely stick with it. It's easier to pull off, and a lot of websites nowadays are so cluttered.

Logos are typically made in either Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.

I don't really know what I was going for here - I just kind of went at it. It wouldn't have to be a square, either. (And don't feel like you have to use this - it took me 5 minutes)

LaursBauer.png

Thanks, looks cool !
Are there templates? where did you get the guitar for this?

Photoshop tutorials ftw: How to Create a Classic Guitar from Scratch In Photoshop - Psdtuts+
(I modified it a bit, though)

Just be careful with google searches for renders - you should technically have the rights to use a picture on your site. There are some sites with clip-art or "copy-left" images that you could probably find - I don't know of any off the top of my head though - try a google search for that maybe.

Here's another idea I was messing with:

LaursBauerPick.png

The pick could obviously be improved. Just some ideas, though.

Here's another idea I was messing with:

LaursBauerPick.png

The pick could obviously be improved. Just some ideas, though.

Wow, I like that one a lot actually ! I haven't had that idea to use a pick.
I like the L how it underlines the whole name! Great, man !
Now I gotta do that idea but with different shape pick (sorry, you must understand I'm a guitar nerd all the way LOL).

Another idea I just got was to use the outline/shape of an Ibanez 7-string RG headstock (those are my main guitars) and I put my name in there.
But the idea with the pick is awesome, too!:)

Yeah - I know nothing about guitars. If you want to give me a better pick to use, I could slap that text on it and make it look better.

Yeah - I know nothing about guitars. If you want to give me a better pick to use, I could slap that text on it and make it look better.

Cool,

I have three different links, it's basically only about the shape of the pick, not the color (I dunno if it's difficult or possible to make that pick all black with white letters or all white with black letter?)
See, which of these will be easier for you to use (also they might have to be change in size, again, I don't know if that is a lot of work?)

http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/5905/lg_ultexIII.jpg

http://www.salaomozart.com/store/images/JazzIIIGuitarPickBlack.jpg

http://www.gitaar.net/forum/index.php/file/11/9477/JazzIII.jpg

They're all pretty low-quality pictures, but it seems all images of picks are... I haven't been able to find very good ones, either.

The first one will be easiest to work with - I can easily change the size and colors.

I'll try to get to this later tonight or tomorrow.

They're all pretty low-quality pictures, but it seems all images of picks are... I haven't been able to find very good ones, either.

The first one will be easiest to work with - I can easily change the size and colors.

I'll try to get to this later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks, man ! I appreciate your help.

I was thinking to give this a try myself, I don't have Photoshop but I have other different photo processing software : Ulead PhotoImpact12 and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5.
Those programs would do the job too you think?
Would be a good thinkg for me to learn :)

I don't know anything about those two programs. Photoshop is known for being the most robust graphics software, but feel free to try it yourself - there's no way to learn without doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom