my 1st website (music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I'm basically a noob with regard to building websites, but I got a freeware (Trellian's WebPage) that was recommened to me on this forum (thanks pokernod).
The site is HERE

It's for my music, still under construction, most sub-pages are not there yet, but what do you think of the first page?
Also in terms of size?
I want it to be a size so even on a small screen the whole site is visible without having to scroll.

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback,

thanks,
Lars

Make all of the text smaller.

Having music play as you enter the site can be annoying or almost tacky sometimes, but considering it's your very own music site, it's probably fine.

The pic is good - very simple, yet calming and effective - fits with your music very well. :)

Make all of the text smaller.

Having music play as you enter the site can be annoying or almost tacky sometimes, but considering it's your very own music site, it's probably fine.

The pic is good - very simple, yet calming and effective - fits with your music very well. :)

Thanks for your feedback!

So, basically my name on top should be smaller, right?
The links on the left don't extent the size of the photo, so making those smaller would not make the height of the frame smaller.

At some point I will probably also have a logo desigend.

Yes, the music is not gonna stay on the 1st site. As soon as I have the music-sub-site up, I will probably remove it from the main page (at least the auto-play).

Thanks for taking the time and checking it out!

Lars

You should still make the links on the left smaller. Not for the sake if making the page smaller, but for general appearance - they will look better if they're smaller.

You should still make the links on the left smaller. Not for the sake if making the page smaller, but for general appearance - they will look better if they're smaller.

oh, ok, I get it. :)

So should have more space in between the links then, too?

Mu idea was to have the column of links be about as big in height as the picture.

Up to you.

It probably won't look very good with smaller text spaced out. I don't think it's necessary to have them span the same height as the picture, but it's your site.

Up to you.

It probably won't look very good with smaller text spaced out. I don't think it's necessary to have them span the same height as the picture, but it's your site.

Ok, thanks !

I will try that and see what it looks like.
I'm still at the stage where I have to figure out what I want it to look like when it's finished, so I will try didfferent things, like what you suggested!

Thanks again! :)

No problem - keep us updated. It's always fun to see how projects like this progress :)

I'd be willing to take a crack at a logo if you'd like.

No problem - keep us updated. It's always fun to see how projects like this progress :)

I'd be willing to take a crack at a logo if you'd like.

Cool ! That'd be awesome!
I don't have a concrete idea yet, but I just think I should have my name on the site in something different than one of the 'standard fonts'. I was not thinking of anything fancy but just a nice, simple design...

How do you make logo's?

The simple, but nice and sleek concept is good - definitely stick with it. It's easier to pull off, and a lot of websites nowadays are so cluttered.

Logos are typically made in either Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.

I don't really know what I was going for here - I just kind of went at it. It wouldn't have to be a square, either. (And don't feel like you have to use this - it took me 5 minutes)

LaursBauer.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom