Looking for logo design

Status
Not open for further replies.

babar

Beta member
I am in the process of creating a logo for my new business, and I am looking for some advice on logo design. For instance, can a simple design work as a good logo? I donÂ’t want to spend a lot of money on my logo, but I want it to really brand my company and show the world our character.

I'm not a graphics guy, but I would recommend making a smaller logo, keep it eye-catching, but not too bright or colorful. Depending on the company, you could have a background image behind the text of what your company is.

It can be ok to use a colour, you can use the colour to brand.
But you will need to select a colour and use the same colour each time.
e.g. coke =red+white, Macca's Red + yellow

Simple is always good, but clever and simple is best. ;)

There are a host of factors to consider before designing a logo. The logo design firm will conduct market research about the different types of logos used in your industry by your competitors. Based on that, they will show you several potential logos that they can customize for you. Make sure you send them your corporate colors.

For example, check out www.logodesignguru.com. I love their portfolio, quick generation and above all, the price tag, which is definitely cheap. It is definitely beneficial to buy a professional logo that you will keep for the life of your company, rather than to use an amateur design just to save a few dollars.

Thanks

babar said:
I am in the process of creating a logo for my new business, and I am looking for some advice on logo design. For instance, can a simple design work as a good logo? I donÂ’t want to spend a lot of money on my logo, but I want it to really brand my company and show the world our character.

I work as a graphic designer.

A simple design is prefered, but it depends on what its for and what the company is all about. I can't teach how to create an effective design in one post nor 500 posts. You want the logo to make sense, and be athetically pleasing to the eye. Usually logos give the notion of what the company is about. Don't make it obvious, as in a baseball team = baseball logo. More as some lines representing waves, would indicate a company who designs boats for example. Color is a whole different issue. Buy me another 8800gtx and you'll have your logo by monday :D

Sometimes I can be terrible with coming up with ideas. What really gets the sparks flying is looking at other logos for inspiration. Looking at why they did this and that to get this design gives me some great ideas. I've picked up some awesome books FULL of NOTHING BUT LOGOS from book stores. You can also find them on Amazon.com...

The Big Book of Logos is one of my fav books..there's 4 or 5 different versions. all great for inspiration.

Good luck!

You might also try wandering around the corporate contests at worth1000.com to see the ideas they've come up with. In fact, if you can afford it, I highly recommend doing a corporate contest there yourself to get a lot of GREAT options for your logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom