Just need some help with my webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

battery.mesa

Beta member
Alright, I'm gonna throw down some facts first.

I'm only 13, but I intend to start early on this stuff if I wanna learn better in highschool, as I intend to take the Buisness Tech course in highschool.

I figured I'd ask you guys because some of you guys are adults, and everyone knows adults know everything :p

Mmk, so I'm making a webpage for a friend.

I figured I'd conjure up a horizontal menu in a CSS document and throw in a content box code. (View the CSS here.)

I do the typical stuff in a new HTML document (Favicon link, css link, title etc etc --- You get the idea)... [View the page here. (Ugh, what a mess.)

I try and slap down the horizontal menu I created earlier, but it turns out... not good. Heck, even the background image and what not isn't showing up.

I figure, "Not exactly satisfactory,". But fret not, for next I tried the content box. Again, can't say I was exactly pleased.

I've made a website before, which happened to work out fabulously. And then I muck this one up. How shameful.

Oh, I intend to add more to the CSS. So don't worry about the the anti-complimentary link color.

...Anyway, I was hoping you dudes could help me.

13 isn't starting early. o_O

Anyway, your problem is that you didn't close the following line...a very simple mistake and easy to spot.

Code:
<link rel="icon" 
      type="image/ico" 
      href="http://freewebs.com/hermantheory/favicon.ico"

Indeed. That should fix most of your problems. Also, you're a very messy coder....ugh...I hate messy code.... >_>

yeah you should really consider cleaning up your code..thats going to be a nightmare to read through a few months from now once you forgot what you where thinking while making it :p

also make sure you check for valid css on the w3c website.

Argh, don't use freewebs.com...very cheesy.

Go to www.110mb.com...way better than any other free host on the web. You get 2000MB of space, something like 100GB monthly transfer, full FTP support, PHP support (along with a lot of other languages) and no ads (plus it's 100% free).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom