Issue with PS crop tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I have just spent 10 minutes attempting to make PS's crop tool do a very simple thing: I want it to select an area * x 20 pixels (ie the slection window will get no larger than 20 pixels vertically, but has no horizonatl limit). I had this working perfectly only a few muntes before that. Currently, (myworking image is 250x180), constringing the height to 20 px allows me to select around HALF of my image, then when I crop after doing so, it resizes the cropped area to 20 pixels high by whatever width kept the proportions. Perviosly, those values did nothing (No limit on size of slection) but oddly constrained proportions. How do I fix this and get it so that those values constrain my height to the number of pixels I input and don't scale anything?

I guess you do have to set the other demension, I suppose I must have done it without thinking. Anyhow, a new problem: What could cause a "program error"? I got that in PS a bit ago, retarting the program solved the problem. However, could this be an indication of my RAM or other component failing? I don't really think it was a bug, given the quality of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom