How to display a div on all printed pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I have creted a separate CSS page for print elements. When a webpage is more than one page when printed, is there a way to get a div to print on every page instead of the one page where it appears on the website?

For example the Logo, or footer.

hmm I know theres a way to NOT make things appear by put for example

@page
#logo {display: none}

ill try to find something to do the opposite and for multiple pages

Couldn't you just put the logo at the top of the pages that doesn't have it? Or does it conflict with the page somehow? Im just trying to picture how having the logo would conflict while on the web but be beneficial on the printed version.

a sample or link would help me alot.

Basically I want a certain statement to appear at the bottom of every printed page. I had it located in the footer, however I did not want all content in the footer to display. So I created a unique div and included it in the print css, however it will only appear on the last page of what is printed.

If I wanted it to print at the end of every page, I would have to enter it into the statement in each webpage just before every page break.

If you only want a portion of the footer to be displayed you could set all elements you DONT want displayed to
something like

.footer {display: none}

and mark as the footer class everything you DONT want to be shown, and thus only the thing you want to be displayed will be displayed. Does that help?

oh so the one web page you want to print thats taking up multiple pages only shows the footer on the last page. Im not sure what to do to make it print on every page. Ill keep looking tho.

I hope I was able to help you out bro, im a HTML/CSS novice myself, only taken a beginner HTML/XHTML/CSS class at my college

sorry for the quad post mods :C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom