How can I remove the dirty white background of my scanned artwork without sacrificing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
EDIT: Whoops, I didn't notice they cut off part of the title. It's suppose to read "How can I remove the dirty white background of my scanned artwork without sacrificing the sketch?"

I have an old sketch made about 10 years ago. There isn't much shading but there are area's where the dirty paper from aging and wear really shows from my scanner. I scanned in top quality which shows the defects of the paper really well. How can I remove this so it looks like it's on a clean piece of paper? This is really important to me, I'll be submitting it for a competition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: How can I remove the dirty white background of my scanned artwork without sacrifi

Photoshop or GIMp. You can use the eraser, pen tool or the magic wand. Just make sure the background color is either transparent or a color you want.

Re: How can I remove the dirty white background of my scanned artwork without sacrifi

crop the image out using the lasso tool than paste it onto a plain white backgorund

Photoshop, eraser, lasso, magic wand or for an even better uniformity use the healing brush tool. If you have any questions onj how to use them just hit F1 while on Photoshop an type e.x. "Healing brush tool".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom