help with jpg.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason74

Solid State Member
I recently added personal pictures to my websight. However, when I open the page, it seems that the pictures are opening slow. I checked the size of the pictures and found that they are all between 600 and 800 Kbs. Are these typical picture sizes or should I do something to reduce there size?

For now I have simply downloaded them from my camera to my computer, then from my computer to my web page. The only thing I have done is change the pixel size. Is there something else I should be doing in the process. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Here is one of the pages I am talking about
sample page

Thanks in advance,
Jason

ps. the pages were made with Expression Web. Firefox tends to view them differently than I intend, but that is another matter that I will figure out later.

Do you have Photoshop? If you do, open the pictures, make them the size you want, and go to File>Save For Web. That will help compress the files.

is it because of the hosting server?

I was wondering if that might be the case, but then I noticed that all my smaller files were opening fine. That led me to the possibility that my pictures were just unreasonably large files (I'm new to all of this).

I may try to upload a page to a free hosting service and see if it is any better. If it is, then I will contact my server.

By the way . . . is 600 - 800 kb unreasonably large, or is that typical for most home photo's that are on web pages?

Thanks for the help,
Jason

Thanks for the help!

I went ahead and reduced the image sizes through Printshop. Each picture file is now about 90 percent smaller than what is was before. I think things are working faster now.

Thanks again,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom