Help designing a logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
I've seen some of the amazing work many of you guys do on here and was wanting to see if any of you guys are bored can help me out coming up with a decent looking logo. I'm horribly uncreative and really don't know where to begin. It needs to be somewhat simple, as it will be cut from vinyl, but would like something better than the stuff I am coming up with. I have corel X4 to work with for anyone wanting to help out.

The logo will read Braziel Aircraft and can have a symbol or something next to it/above it etc. I just don't have one at the moment.

Attached is something ridiculously uncreative that I just did in corel

Thanks

John

Not a valid image file.

It is a JPEG and is only 384x70 pixels and 8kb, but isn't letting me load it. It didn't have much to it so it probably wouldn't have been that useful anyway.

Well since i cant see the image youve made ill just help out a little bit:

You just need to use very simple shapes and smooth gradients. Then tweak them a bit till you come up with something you like. For example this i made for you in 20 seconds:

vectorzedman1sb9.png

Then build up:

vectorzedman2jy7.png

To me it just looks like he used the shape tool in photoshop, along with possibly a few other little things. Added a gradient and the lines and a background to it.

Quite a nice job for just a 30sec job :D.

I actually used FireWorks, the once Macromedia copy cat of Photoshop now also taken over by Adobe.

You can get the 30 day full trial of Fireworks CS3 if you want from adobe.com.
And thanks.

i got to take creativity classes (if ever there is) that is one thing that im really not good at.

i got to take creativity classes (if ever there is) that is one thing that im really not good at.

I'm with you, I could definitely use some of those :)

Here is the image uploaded on imageshack:

I'm debating either keeping it like this so when it is placed on top of something it looks clean or if I can create some kind of solid to place it on that looks good like zedman3d looks proficient at I might do that.

Now I have a bit of a more technical question. Do the vinyl printers look as good as cut vinyl? How do they hold up in the sun as far as fading is concerned?

Right now, I have a beveled edge on here, but I could get rid of that and have a vinyl inlay and still have the black edge and using colored vinyl.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom