Great looking websites...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the graphics looked good on the loading screen, but that's as far as I got. who wants to wait 2 minutes for a site to load? you can have all the graphics skill in the world, but if your page is slow as hell no ones gonna look at it.

Ever wonder why ebay, amazon, and all the biggest websites have simple graphics? Because they load in no time, allowing the consumers to spend their money more quickly and easily ;)

Then there's sites like Gamespot and the billion other clones which have cool graphics but still load quickly because they're optimized, unlike this site you posted.

Some people still use dial-up you know, how long would that site take to load on a 56K connection? I don't even wanna know, but there goes the dial-up segment of your site traffic.

Maybe after the next big bandwidth technology comes out sites like that will be enjoyable, for now they suck.

Yeah beleive he used 3dsmax for it.

Stop whining about the site i posted and post your own cool looking site...this was not the bi*ch about websites thread.

kcrknp said:
the graphics looked good on the loading screen, but that's as far as I got. who wants to wait 2 minutes for a site to load? you can have all the graphics skill in the world, but if your page is slow as hell no ones gonna look at it.

Ever wonder why ebay, amazon, and all the biggest websites have simple graphics? Because they load in no time, allowing the consumers to spend their money more quickly and easily ;)

Then there's sites like Gamespot and the billion other clones which have cool graphics but still load quickly because they're optimized, unlike this site you posted.

Some people still use dial-up you know, how long would that site take to load on a 56K connection? I don't even wanna know, but there goes the dial-up segment of your site traffic.

Maybe after the next big bandwidth technology comes out sites like that will be enjoyable, for now they suck.

You have to understand the demographic which he is targeting. You also have to understand what he is trying to convey. His site does exactly what it's intended to do, although I do agree that the load time sucks though and will drive alot of people away from his site.

That is a excellent example. I love it. It would be perfect if you could play pong while waiting for the pages to load.

Better yet; 3d pong. :)

It was an instant load for me... I am on fiber optic cable though... :lol:

I love the site... It is so intriguing... I am in a Web Masters class, and this is my teachers site:

www.genah.com

kcrknp said:

like hackerman said...the site is a graphics portfolio. (and it's amazing for that matter). if you're the people he's trying to get to, you wouldnt be accesing his site with dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom