Graphics Tablet reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also with the Intuos4, it means that you should have no problems getting additional pens and pen nibs.

True that.

It is always on my mind however that this is my first tablet and that i've never used one before. So am i jumping a bit far into things by getting THE best graphics tablet (except the Cintiq) - I just hope to heck i like it, i do love to draw (even though my skill is rather limited) and use photoshop alot.

But then the otherside of the story that i also have to consider is that if i bought a inferior tablet such as the Bamboo or a Genius Pensketch that if ever i was drawing and it wasn't precise/accurate enough to let me do something i would be forever regretting not getting the intuos4.

Hello everyone,

Hope you don't mind me bumping in here Oreo though I'm in need of tablet recommendations myself. :)

I'm looking for a tablet that's in between the performance and cost of the Bamboo Fun and the intuos4. I'm not looking for something that's top of the line, just a tablet that has enough sensitivity to do photoshop concept art as well as sculpting in Zbrush.

I listened to Keyboard Cowboy's advice on getting an intous3 instead and the smalls (though I'd rather have a medium) sell for $130, a price I'm okay with. However, I'm leery about getting the third version since it has niggles as Oreo says.

So, if anyone has any advice and recommendations for me as well I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Ragnos

Welcome !, Ragnos.

I'd still just go for the Intuos3, whilst there are niggles - they are not major ones. 1024pressure levels is still very good.

Wacom have never made a bad tablet, so just choose one that fits your price range. Intuos3 really is still a very good graphics tablet.

Think of it like this, a brand new 2009 Ferrari will undoubtedly fix issues with whatever version was prior to it, perhaps 2 or 3years old. But does this mean a 2006 Ferrari (or whatever year) is bad ? heck no. It's still a brilliant car, it's just not as good as the 2009.

Wacom have never made a bad tablet, so just choose one that fits your price range.
Very true.

Intuos3 really is still a very good graphics tablet.
My recommendation would be that you stock up a little on the pen and nibs while they are still easily avalable. Wacom is still selling pens as far back as the intuos 2, however expect delays on getting these sorts of items in.

I use the Wacom Graphire4 for all my graphics and game design and it works wonders. If it's available in the UK you should look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom