Graphics Tablet reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Not sure if this is the right place to post it.

But i'm looking towards getting a graphics tablet, i like drawing on paper.. and i like graphics programs like photoshop etc. So i figured a graphics tablet would be a logical purchase, and something i quite like the idea of.

Now, i'm no expert in this field by any means. But i've realised i have a dual monitor setup, so the drawing area is effectively halved in size because it has to cover double the realestate of both monitors at a guess ?

I have 2x 22" @ 1650x1080, so i was looking at the Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium size. Any good ? I think small would be just that, too small for two large monitors.

I just want some reccomendations and advice, i have a £150 budget and will be useing it for drawings etc, i like to make detailed drawings most the time, so if ya'll could find a graphics tablet thats precise enough to do that for under £150, great !

I don't think i'd use it for general desktop use, unless it really is that much better. Just drawing.

Banboo Fun is good for those odd times where you would want to do some pen work on your PC. IF you are really serious, then I would suggest a Intous3 or Introus4

Yeh, i kinda always thought that in the back of my mind. Ther'd be nothing worse than drawing with the bamboo and finding i can't do a bit of detail because it's not accurate enough.

Seems i'll have to save quite a bit more, but it'll be worth it. I'm even considering waiting a few months so i can afford a Wacom Cintiq.

i am definitely not getting the Bamboo anymore. I am going to get the Intuos4 Medium.

However, just not sure if this will be big enough for drawing and photoshop work (2 screens @ 1650x1080), because if it is indeed to small i may be able to save up for the Large.

What you think ?

i am definitely not getting the Bamboo anymore. I am going to get the Intuos4 Medium.

However, just not sure if this will be big enough for drawing and photoshop work (2 screens @ 1650x1080), because if it is indeed to small i may be able to save up for the Large.

What you think ?

The Large one is an A4 page size, and the small half of it i think, so the medium one would be just fine..

I am gonna need an intuos for sure, especially now that i use photoshop more than 6 hours per work... I now have a Wacom Volito 2 which is sufficient for my 17 inch screen, but now that I'm buying a 22 inch along with a new pc i bet i'll have some problems when it comes to width..

The Large one is an A4 page size, and the small half of it i think, so the medium one would be just fine..

I am gonna need an intuos for sure, especially now that i use photoshop more than 6 hours per work... I now have a Wacom Volito 2 which is sufficient for my 17 inch screen, but now that I'm buying a 22 inch along with a new pc i bet i'll have some problems when it comes to width..

Small is A6 - half of A5. Medium is A5, half of A4.

Still think medium is big enough at half of A4 ?

Oreo, if you are interested in getting a deal, see if any of your computer shops are trying to see off old stock of the intuos3.
The intuos 4 with really no warning to any one last month, and you might have some shops have reduced the price on the intuos3.

Another word of warning about the Wacom Tablets is unless you are doing CAD, do not bother with the large tablets. Eg. intuos3 12x12, intuos3 12x19.
I forget the reason why, but I have been told by Wacom themselves that those too sizes are no suitable for people that doing photoshop.

The other word of warning when it comes down to Wacom. Buy the product locally. In a effort to reduce parralle importing, Wacom will only honor warranties for products that were imported via offical channels. So if you find some thing cheap on eBay USA, don't be a surpised if Wacom tells you to take your product back to Wacom USA as appose to their own local office.

Oreo, if you are interested in getting a deal, see if any of your computer shops are trying to see off old stock of the intuos3.
The intuos 4 with really no warning to any one last month, and you might have some shops have reduced the price on the intuos3.

Another word of warning about the Wacom Tablets is unless you are doing CAD, do not bother with the large tablets. Eg. intuos3 12x12, intuos3 12x19.
I forget the reason why, but I have been told by Wacom themselves that those too sizes are no suitable for people that doing photoshop.

The other word of warning when it comes down to Wacom. Buy the product locally. In a effort to reduce parralle importing, Wacom will only honor warranties for products that were imported via offical channels. So if you find some thing cheap on eBay USA, don't be a surpised if Wacom tells you to take your product back to Wacom USA as appose to their own local office.

Thanks, i'd only get the Intuos4 from a proper retailer or the WacomEU store.

I think i'll stay with the 4 though, while the Intuos3 is nice, reading up it seems to a have a few niggles and problems that are resolved in the Intuos4, plus an extra 1024sensitivity levels can't do any harm :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom