Graphics Tablet lags at times - Core usage increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
I recently purchased an Aiptek 600U tablet. The tablet itself works great (well when it wants too).

But for some reason at times it will have a noticable lag between my movement and the movement happening on screen. And Ive noticed when I had core temp up at the time one of my cores of my CPU (specs in sig) was spiking to 70-90% while the other 3 remained at lows. This happened whenever I moved the pen over the tablet or used the tablet in general.

It does this in all my Adobe and Corel programs.

And at other times, it will work great and I can do whatever I need to with it.

Any suggestions as to improve it or to what is causing this?

Ran malware/virus scans? How much RAM do you have/how much is being utilized? Do you have a lot of software open besides the photo programs?

Ill run some scans and see what comes up. I recently ran a spyware scan and found nothing, but I will run a full on scan to see what I can find. But its wierd that only the one of the four cores spikes to high percentages when movement is happening with the pen/tablet and at other times its fine. I have my full spec in my sig.

And no, the only thing ill have open is maybe a firefox window alongside photoshop or corel draw/paint. At the most I have photoshop and corel open at the same time but the problem still occurs during the use of just the one.

How would I look into how much ram is being utilized?

Heres a screen cap of the mem usage while the tablet and other programs are in use.

Oddly it lagged for a few seconds then worked fine. Instead of working fine and the lagging for a good amount of time.

Attachments

• mem usuge.jpg
    mem usuge.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 728
Try reinstalling the drivers, because i don't see why should it lag, especially when the core usage is clocked at about 4%. It also can be a hardware problem, and by saying hardware i mean the tablet itself, maybe the pen needs replacement, i have heard many people buying new tablet pens or trying to fix their old ones... How much time do u have the tablet and how frequently do you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom