GIving credit for a template. got a reply from template maker. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubiksMan

Beta member
well i used a template for my site. didn't read that i had to keep the links to the template maker in the template when i put my content in. didn't even know that he'd have preferred it (though i guess it'd make sense that he would).

so i removed the links from all of the roughly 30 pages of my site. i emailed the template maker asking if i had to put the links in on each of the pages of my site. i asked if i could put a recommendation on the hompage on my site saying my cool design was thanks to him, and also put a link on my "cool sites" page saying that I got my page design from him. I could then put links to both the template i used, and the guy's main page.

this is the reply i got from him:
Hi.

Feel free to move the links to a credit section or a blog post.

how would you interpret this? "move the links"- does this mean move each link from each page to a credit page, so i have about 30 of the same link? and would my "cool sites" page count as a "credit page"?

I don't want to get into legal trouble, so I'm trying to be very careful here.

To me, it sounds like we wants you to move them a 1 page, a credit page. but just one link, not 30 of the same links on one page.

Sounds like he just wants a link saying the theme was by him. I'm sure he doesn't care where or how you put it, so long as it is seen.

You're fine. The guy obviously sounds pretty laid back about it, and you give him the credit on that page.

On the bottom of the page there is a copyright. Below it put Design by: (so and so)

I think fair use comes into play here. Because it's not a marketable commodity.

I think anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom