Flash - Movies Play on Every Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's also a good idea except for, every time I've ever tried to do anything with scenes, the whole thing totally screws up. :( If you think it would make things easier, though, I'll try to find some sort of tutorial or something. ;)

Edit: YAY!! I tried the scenes as you said and managed to pull everything together! Everything runs nice and smooth now. :) Well, except that my graphics kind of jump around a little bit while the movie is playing. I've always had that problem in Flash. The graphics do not move while playing on the stage or in the test preview and their X/Y positions are all exactly the same and yet, when you upload them to your site, stuff is jumping all over the place. :mad: Ah well. With everything else working, I guess I can live with it. Thanks again for your help and suggestions, Laney. Couldn't have done it without ya'!

Stop or Delete Variable after single use...

:D Helloooo...

Guess what? I've come upon another puzzle. After all those scenes and things that were made, the movie takes some time to load, so I made a little preloader thing to display while the movie loads. It works fine and dandy, but unfortunately does it's job too well. Every time I click on a button to load a different scene, the preloader pops up again (albeit only briefly because the other scenes are small and don't take long to load). Obviously, I only want this loader to run when bringing up the initial scene. How to do this?

var total = _root.getBytesTotal();
var loaded = _root.getBytesLoaded();

Here are the variables that figure out how big the movie is. Is there a way to just kill these once they've run??

put the loader in Scene 1 Frame1. main movie in Scene 1 Frame2
then all the other scenes, the last frame put ("Scene 1", 2)
Code:
XXXXXX_btn.onRelease = function() {
	gotoAndStop("Scene 1",2);
};
that way when you click the book it returns to the main frame and not the loader...

got it? try it out and let me know...

Well, this seemed like the very thing to solve the problem until I remembered that all the other scenes redirect only to themselves off the other secondary scenes. :confused: Once you clicked into another scene and out of the main one, you never return to it unless you refresh the page. Also, I first had the preloader in its own scene (though I added it to Scene1 per your suggestion). I'm just puzzled as to how the thing keeps running when the scene it's in is over and done with... *confused*

Comin' up. :)

Edit: Well, the whole file proved too big to upload, but here's enough to show you what's up. Only the green book retains it's proper function. The rest I took away to cut down on MB. Thanks for taking a look!! ;)

FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom