Flash Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
i'm trying to teach myself flash...
usually i'm pretty good at reverse engineering - using free templates, looking them over, modifying them, seeing what happens when i delete certain code, then creating my own from scatch.

i'm having a problem though...
i'm using macromedia 8 flash and a free template

when the template is ran in the browser, it shows 5 buttons
when i open the template, there is only 1 that says 'button label'

i'm getting used to the 'library' as well clicking on sections of the template which seems to 'drill down' to other sections for editing; however this does not seem to work in this case.

i drill down on the 1 button, nothing. the library shows only 'button label' as well.
is there something to do with buttons and how they are arranged to see them all?

thanks

Make sure that you've placed your buttons in frame 1 of the website. Sometimes people mess with other parts of the website and forget that the movie and place the buttons in that later section. So when you are in Flash you see all the buttons because you are in the frame that you added the buttons to. Click on frame 1 in Flash and see if you can see the buttons or not.

My guess is you can't, and you've added the button(s) to a later frame.

sorry for the delay...havn't been home much due to work.

here are a couple screen shots

what it looks like in the browser

what it looks like in flash

fyi, the buttons do not do anything special except appear all at once on load. doesn't matter what frame i'm on, nothing is different with them excpet when the focus is changed, the colour changes to black, which i see in the library. always 'button label'

I'm not much good in Flash, but I think that "button label" is a symbol, and you'll have to edit that.

I dunno though, maybe someone with more Flash experience will post. :)

I'm not seeing the buttons within your flash movie. Are you playing your movie at start, or does it pause at start?

Watch which layer your actually putting the buttons into. If you have a background that you are using for the your site, or a frame. So if you place your buttons into the movie, and place them within a layer that is lower than your background image your buttons won't show up.

Sorry just running through all of the normal stuff. I've run into similar issues when creating websites and it was a frame or layer issue 9 out of 10 times.

I'm not seeing the buttons within your flash movie. Are you playing your movie at start, or does it pause at start?

Watch which layer your actually putting the buttons into. If you have a background that you are using for the your site, or a frame. So if you place your buttons into the movie, and place them within a layer that is lower than your background image your buttons won't show up.

Sorry just running through all of the normal stuff. I've run into similar issues when creating websites and it was a frame or layer issue 9 out of 10 times.

i shall look into this. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom