First attempt to wallpaper o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Well I've been playing around with Photoshop CS4 for sometime now, but haven't really made wallpapers as to say. Just minor editing and stuff. Then my friend asked me to make a wallpaper for him using Assassin's Creed theme.

This is what I came up with:

It's good.

A few things I don't like. Get rid of the 2 horizontal lines in the frame. Move your name to the bottom corner. You are the artist, not the art.

It's good.

A few things I don't like. Get rid of the 2 horizontal lines in the frame. Move your name to the bottom corner. You are the artist, not the art.
Thanks :). Only reason I put the horizontal lines is to bring out his name focusing in the center. Oh and yeah I'll put my name in the bottom of the pic next time lol. Thanks for the suggestion and your opinion :).

I like the horizontal lines.

Name definitely to the bottom corner - and don't need "created by".

Would be cool if it was a bigger resolution, but if you're just making it specifically for your friend, then w/e.

Wallpapers are very hard to make. I've attempted my fair share, and have simply never been too happy with them (I went for more simplistic abstract, rather than using renders though).

Anyways, I think you did very well - keep at it!

Looks like you've got some serious potential, sweet work!

I don't know what to think about those two lines, at first glance I really didn't like them, but now they're starting to grow on me. IMO keep them

I would fade out his name. It draws away from the work done. Make it more of a overlay than the center of attention. The way it is now draws all the potential away from your work. Kinda like a watermark. So people can see it, know its there but not the focal point when they look at the image.

I would fade out his name. It draws away from the work done. Make it more of a overlay than the center of attention. The way it is now draws all the potential away from your work. Kinda like a watermark. So people can see it, know its there but not the focal point when they look at the image.
Thanks for the suggestion :). Mainly made it for his wallpaper though on his PC, so it's not like a lot of people seeing my work :( but I'll take it in consideration for future work :D.

Well the reason i made the suggestion is so that if you decide to make some artwork public, you can use that method as a way to verify your original work. Using a overlay as a sort of watermark is far easier for sites like this that have large public viewings.

Since it is for him personal PC then yeah it is perfect the way it is, aside from the name thing. :p

But you do great work and should possibly create a gallery over at DeviantArt. Get some of your work out there.

Well the reason i made the suggestion is so that if you decide to make some artwork public, you can use that method as a way to verify your original work. Using a overlay as a sort of watermark is far easier for sites like this that have large public viewings.

Since it is for him personal PC then yeah it is perfect the way it is, aside from the name thing. :p

But you do great work and should possibly create a gallery over at DeviantArt. Get some of your work out there.
When I get more time, I'll try making more. I want to become one of those people who make stuff from scratch though, hoping I eventually do lol. I want to say, "Yes this is ALL mine, from scratch!" but that may take sometime :).

Got a gallery at Photobucket, but mostly for avatars I've made and minor stuff that I've edited for friends.

You all can have a view if you like at Pictures by joelm3103 - Photobucket. I do love editing and I love Photoshop :D; so I'll be trying new stuff when ever I get time. I also make use of the tutorial sites out there :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom