Favorite Graphics App?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Fireworks!!! It Rocks, but I do understand if people like Photoshop.

IMO, Fireworks was/is more 'intuitive' for me to learn than photoshop.... I must say that I have tried a few times, but I don't get photoshop :)

Although, they are very similar in their end results, I do guess photoshop can do more.

Bottom line, I think Fireworks if more for the web and Photoshop is more for print...
If you know what I mean.

:)

I use PS for web & Graphic Design. Never thought of going with fireworks. Does it interact with Dreamweaver better in any way?

what is the benefits of going with fireworks?

I've been using Photoshop since 5.0, and I've never really thought about using anything else. PS gets the job done and I'm used to the interface, so I don't see any need to switch to anything else.

i've been learning photoshop since version 5 also. and btw Larry most graphic design proffesionals use photoshop to create website graphic designs, this is what i have gathered from many forums i used to frequent. although flash isnt really a graphics program they usually go together well.

true, but Macromedia products (MX Studio) is designed "specifically" for web design - internet applications.
I would say Photoshop was originally designed for print designers -first, then as the Internet came along... people started using it for web stuff too.

I'm biased towards Fireworks, as thats what I began using few years back. I've wanted to learn and get used to photoshop.. BUT find it hard.

anyway, they both work great....

I've never looked at PS by itself. I got it in an 'adobe design collection' It came with ImageReady,Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign. Alltogether it was $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom