exporting from freehand to photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

uluc

Beta member
i have made a book cover in freehand. Now i want to export it to photoshop and edit the layers. I tried various formats but still i can't export with the layers.

Does anyone know how i could export a freehand document to photoshop with separate layers?

thanks...

I think I know what you are asking but the only way I think you can do it is draw what 1 layer would be then scan save the picture. then do it again from another layer copy one layer to the other Edit<Copy as Layer.

well, i could export layers one by one. it works well and opens in photoshop with a transparent background. (easy to select) but when you want to work faster, you wanna export the whole thing with separate layers.
i wonder if there are any plug-ins for that ?

that would be cool as seeing my brother is an "artist" and I think I could suprise him by coloring an AE86 he drew (initial D car).

GrimReaper23 said:
that would be cool as seeing my brother is an "artist" and I think I could suprise him by coloring an AE86 he drew (initial D car).

Actually i've figured out a way. If you export the document as photoshop (try a few formats) with the background layer as transparent, then still you don't have it as layers but as u may also guess with a transparent background it's very quick to turn it into layers.

I'm using mac, if u are a windows freak it may not work : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom