Display video on webpage, not blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwebfilm

Beta member
What is a good solution for a webmaster to display video with the following prerequisites?

1. Site detects client´s bandwith and automatically adjusts display speed (MakeRefMovie?)
2. Opens in a pop-up window that NEVER gets blocked by client´s pc/mac
3. This pop-up window also can contain a menu of other (related) videos on site.
4. works on all systems/browsers even if they don´t yet have silverlight.

Your input would be very helpful. I make small movies for web for small companies, and I am looking for a technology to use.

2. Opens in a pop-up window that NEVER gets blocked by client´s pc/mac
Undoable as far as I know. Nothing "pops up" on my rig without permission.
4. works on all systems/browsers even if they don´t yet have silverlight.
Java would be a possibility, as would Flash. HTML5 could do it, but older browsers would not be able to handle it.

Ok forget the pop-up. I had a delusion about this.(hit my head in the wall). I´ll use a flash, and into that I can put the links I need. Flash will work on "all" pc´s.

But what about automatic adjusting according to the bandwith?

Why not let the user decide? It works for Youtube. I have hi-speed internet but prefer low res when I am using my bandwidth on other things.

Use the most accessible version as a default then give users the option to view HD. The gain of viewing an HD video is worth the extra click it costs to get to that video. Another option would be to store the users choice.

Remember, the user is always right. (I feel ikky saying that.) Give them a choice and don't try to overwrite their settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom