digi cam. problem please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb_666

Beta member
hi i have a kodak cx7430 digi cam with a lexar media 512mb sd card....and on my niece's first birthday we took bunch of pics...and when we came home to get them on the computer...only half of them were viewable the rest wouldnt load any image....but the photos that cannot be viewed on the computer can be seen thru the camera...so i dont what is wrong..i also tried using digital image recovery programs..but they dont work...any suggestions or help would be great!

which software are you using?

have you tried dragging the images to "my pictures" manually, from the F drive?

i'm not using ny software to transfer the photos...i use a memory card reader....and yea i tried dragging it too folder on the harddrive and same problem....i also tried transferring the photos thru digi cam instead of memory card reader...but then it says no photos to transfer....

Try to stay away from the card reader. Did your digital camera come with a USB cable that you plug into your camera/computer? Hopefully it did. (That's the way I transfer my pictures to my laptop- via USA cable)

Re:

Hello,

What format are the images in? JPEG?

Perhaps the photos which you cannot view on your PC are RAW image files, but which can be viewed on your camers...

...depends whether your camera supports RAW image files and whether someone set this as the picture format.

...just an idea :rolleyes: :confused: .

I was gonna say data corruption but your camera can view them properly...so it's probably either a file format problem, or corruption during data transfer (but not data corruption on the card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom