Desktop Icons Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueXP-20

Baseband Member
Ive been trying to figure out how I can make my own icons but I don't know what to save them as and where to save them.

I see that the icons come from the shell32.dll file but how do I put icons into that file so I can access them through properties.

Object Desktop's IconPackager give you the capability to do this. Plus you can download new icon themes for windows and create your own.

i already installed icon packager but I don't like the way you can't just take a folder and set it to an icon.
It's annoying how it does it for you.
Plus I was having problems with it staying on at all times

I want to be able to make an icon like in paint
save it as a icon file and then be able to select it in properties
is that possible

There are certain things you can't do in windows and then there are certain ways windows wants you to do things, you can't really be picky about them because thats the way windows is programmed, I suggest doing as the Icon Packer's documentation says. With windows, you can't always have it your way

Cheers!

I got it to work!
All you have to do is make a picture 32 X 32 and then save it as a BMP or Jpeg. Then download the GMG program that is recommended by microsoft and it will convert it to an icon file.

sweeeeet

Nice article, It kinda inspired me to maybe put an icon package together. We will see.. we will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom