Deleting embedded text in a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto12

Beta member
Hello all, I've been trying to start up a small internet business and need pictures for my site. I don't have a digital camera and can't really afford to buy the disposable ones. I tried to copy images from the web but they have their company names embedded in their product and I just need the picture, no name. Does anyone know how I can do this? I tried all kinds of picture formatting, Image Ready and nothing works.
Thanks.:)

Are you not aware what you are doing is illegal? They do that to protect their images from thieves who steal them without permission. Most websites have a terms of agreement on the bottom of each page stating you are not allowed to reproduce, edit, or use their content in any way without consent. This is simialr to plagarism and is not considered good practice even if you are using it for a personal website.

Embedded text on images are called watermarks, a method of protecting images. It is added to a source image and imprinted on a copy of it. You can't removed it as far as I know. If your doing this for your "small internet business" you are off to a wrong start.

digital watermarks can be removed

I wouldna even have told him that much. Like they said man. What you're doing is illegal. You need to get ahold of your own pictures especially if its a business. You don't want the BBB coming down on you for stolen images

If you've contacted the author and asked his permission then its legal. Otherwise no, you're a criminal major and I'm coming to arrest you now!

Wow, I had no idea this was a big deal. I see different web sites with the exact same pictures all the time, though they don't have a watermark on it. I can tell it's the same picture because the photo has the exact same background or person, whatever. Just so I understand I can't copy pictures even without a watermark unless I get the web site owners permission, is that correct?

otto12 said:
Wow, I had no idea this was a big deal. I see different web sites with the exact same pictures all the time, though they don't have a watermark on it. I can tell it's the same picture because the photo has the exact same background or person, whatever. Just so I understand I can't copy pictures even without a watermark unless I get the web site owners permission, is that correct?

i think you still need the owners permisson

i don't understand why i need permission to put pictures with watermarks on my website...after all its great advertising for the author, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom