default text in email link

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have recently been put in charge of keeping up my company's intranet site. (Just because I asked why it hasn't been updated in 2 years they decide I should be the guy. Go figure.) I have set up links to some email addresses but I would like for the recipient to know it came from the website link not just ordinary user email. How do I put default text in the subject line or something that will do this? I am HTML illiterate and have limited experience in web page design so go easy on me.

HTML

Well, if you are HTML illiterate, and you have been put in charge of editing your companies intranet site, I suggest reading up on HTML first. Try some simple tutorials to get the feel of it, because even though html is the most simple webbased language, it can be complicated. Not only this, but to do what you want it to you would have to have either a PHP or JavaScript to have it complete this task, unless it is already emailing in a form from the site, in which the JavaScript should already be there for you to edit. If you are going to be updating this site on a regular basis, I suggest checking out the Tutorials on www.outtheregraphics.com, it would probibly give you a better base on how to update your site proporly.

Solved this. I created a hyperlink in Word and there are options to put something in the subject there. Then copy and paste. Works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom