CSS Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, lately i've been learning HTML for about 2 weeks now and have made a practice site using nothing but notepad. I am now gonna work on a site which i will publish to the web. Thing is, i have heard CSS cuts out a lot of hassle from web creation (with notepad)

So, how do i go about creating a CSS 'sheet' ? Do i need a 3rd party prgram or can i just create a document and call it something like

template.css

Someone explain hows its done, cheers

Sorry if this isn't really the right place to post this but, meh, every other forum i've posted at usually comes up with this answer

"huh?"

In case you didn't find it on that link, you are correct in assuming that notepad is the only requirement to the coding of a web page. You don't need any 3rd party software to create CSS files just like you don't need 3rd party software to do HTML. Simply write the CSS coding in notepad and give it the proper file extention. CSS doesn't necessarily make web design easier for smaller websites but if you are making a mamoth it can help tons by giving you the power to change global settings on the whole site by simply changing a parameter in a .css file. You will really enjoy the power CSS gives you in object placement, etc. I have done some cool stuff with CSS and plan on using it on my next site. Good luck!

I'll second that W3C link. Thats where I (sparadically) browse to leanr CSS. You could also try looking for free web editors, such as HTML Kit, that will check your syntax for you and color code tags. But notepad is fine too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom